Friday, October 12, 2007

Pricey or Priceless: That is the Question by Caulien C.

A value can be anything you want it to be. It could be an object like shoes or clothes or even your happiest moments and thoughts. There are some things that you can put a price tag on and others that seem priceless. Determining which is which and what the difference is the question. It depends on how you think about it. Do you think it can be priced or is it something that can’t be? You decide.

$$$

I get all dressed up in my snowsuit, jacket and boots. Find my dc toque and fuzzy mitts. My mom says that we are going to an ice fishing derby at Bakers Narrow. I’m wearing like five different socks because I know my feet are going to get cold. So we are all suited up, so we get all the fishing gear and hop in the car and go.

When we get there we drive onto the ice and park the car among the other cars. As I hop out I feel the rush of cold air hit me smack on the face. Boy, is it cold! So we each grab something and start walking across the ice. When we get to our destination I see my friend Krystal. I give my stuff to my mom and run over to see her. As I’m talking to her we start to walk around to see if any one else was here. Then I see Justine, Dylan and Stephano. That’s when the fun starts.

While Krystal and I were talking to Justine the boys thought it would be a good idea to throw sow balls at us. Right when I was going to turn round and tell them to stop, Dylan threw a snowball and hit me right in the middle of my face. The snow didn’t hurt at all. It actually felt good. Then I got back to reality and thought oh, it’s on. So I start making snowballs and throw them as hard as I can at them.

Right when I was going to throw another snowball Justine tackled me into the snow. I was like oh no she didn’t and pushed her down, HARD. Then everyone started wrestling and taking each other down and face washing each other (throwing snow into each others face). Just the thought and the feeling of freezing cold snow in my face and my friends tackling me was just the best moment ever. It was priceless.

$$$

As I’m waiting for the bus one cold morning I take out my iPod and listen to Beverley Hills. As I start to sing along I watch for the bus and watch the cars go by, what a peaceful moment. My iPod is gray and has 2gb. 2gb means that it can hold up to 500 songs. Pretty cool, eh! I’ve also got these gnarly headphones that are an awesome bright green. Just looking at them brightens my day. I found them on the sidewalk when we and my family were walking around Northampton. I was like, sweet new headphones and I didn’t have to pay for it.

I use my iPod only when I don’t have anything to do. For example, if I have an away game for volleyball I’d bring along to listen to it on the bus and also for waiting for the bus in the morning. My iPod has 297 songs, so I still have a long way to go to fill it. It can hold songs (duh), pictures and even audio books which are pretty cool. I have variety of music like Fergie, some rap, Weird Al, and even some Iron Maiden! It’s so cool. If I could price this iPod I would price it in between $50 - $100 because it’s used and it’s got a lot of scratches and may have music people don’t like. Other then that I think its da bomb (but I could still price it).

$$$

These two things are a couple of things that I cherish. Friends from Flin Flon attached with snow to the face. Also there is my awesome iPod with its cool features. I don’t think I could give these up even for the world. Just the feeling of my friends gives me the shivers, but the good kind of shivers. With the right amount of snow added to the mixture it just makes the most priceless moment.

I love my iPod and I love the music that it plays. I love my bright green headphones. My iPod is one of my most coolest and prized possession.

I would have to kill myself before I give these two things up (seriously). I think a value is something that you cherish or even love it altogether. But it sometime depends on how you think about the object. I think that anything can be priced but only the really important things are priceless. But, I’m not the one to decide for other people. This is only my opinion. So what do you think?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice essay. Your title got me to wondering about your essay. You diction could be improved but I understood everything you were trying to say. You described your friends in Flin Flon well. I felt like I was there. You might want to tell us more about the MP3 player but I enjoyed your essay.

Anonymous said...

caulien,
your essay was the best out of all of them. i think your word choice was perfect. i also understood what you were trying to say and felt there too (because i was there). i think you description of your iPod was good too. i really enjoyed your essay.

Anonymous said...

What you seem to be saying is valuable is whatever a person wants it to be. What you most strongly value is times spent with your friends and your iPod. The object that you described most vividly and clearly was your priceless value. This was time spent with friends.

In general, one of your essay's overall strengths was your introduction. This is important because that is where you explain what a value is. Consider checking more for grammar next time. Your essay made me think of winter.

Anonymous said...

I loved your essay. It's really cool how you lived in Canada and got to do stuff like that. I get how spending time with your friends is priceless because I feel that way to. You described this event really well. In the second part of your essay you put that you were listening to the song Beverley Hills, I really like that song. I think the strongest part of your essay was when you described your friends in Flin Flon. You wrote a really good essay.

Anonymous said...

Caulien,
I really enjoyed reading this, it was very descriptive, and you put a lot of your voice into it, I could tell it was your writing. (gnarly green headphones:)!) I found a few spelling errors, but other than that you did a good job especially with the vivid word choice.