Friday, October 12, 2007

The value of reading and my computer By Alex H.


Today’s world is caught up in the “now”. It needs to be laid back and smell the roses. They need to stop thinking about the money and thing about others. They need to see how others are; they need to stop giving money to people so that they can get praised for it. I think that the rich should spend a day as the poor and vice versa.

@@@

I take out the text. I sit down and start to read. I become one with the story. I feel the protagonist pain; I am part of the conflagration. I see the evils and want to tell, but I am imperceptible to the people. They can’t see or hear me. I see the enemy creeping up behind I try to speak, but no words come, try to stop the antagonist, but he still advances. They fall by the might of evil I stand dumb founded. I can help but it still does nothing.

@@@

I go to my computer; I turn it on and wait for it to start up. I type in the coordinates of my new web site. I start to play the game. I get entranced in it graphics and its dialog between the characters. I decided to log off and check my email. I have new messages from friends and stuff. I go on the web and search for news and books.

@@@

As I finish my book I hunger for the next one in the series. I start by going to the Library and seeing if they have it. I see that I can only request it, so I request it, and move on. Next I go on the computer to see if any bookstores have it. I see that one has it. I race there only to find that my precious book was just bought before I arrived. I then find out they won’t be ordering another set in 3 weeks. I go home not too happy about my discoveries and entrance myself in another book.

@@@

I engross myself with my computer that I didn’t notice the time. I ran up sirs to get ready for the library. As soon as I go through the door I go get the book that I was waiting on. Then I go to the computer e-mail my; friends that if I don’t answer there e-mails I ‘m reading my new book. My Book that I’m currently reading is called ALEXANDER THE GREAT. I t has a picture of him on the front. I t talks about his life, how his dad died, how he made sure that there was no other competition after he was king. It shows some of his battle plans and how he won those battles. One seen of the book states that once his father was assassinated he took control and killed all his competition. He made sure that all the people he thought would oppose hime were dead. That was his way of dealing with that problem. He had a distent way of fighting his enemies. He won every time.

@@@

I sit down at my computer to look for more books. I find one interesting book on Pompeii. I go get it and stat reading it. The intense eruption of Mt. Vesuvius, destroyed the town of Pompeii an a neiboring town. In a few hours the town in covered in complete ash.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an amazing essay! Your diction was fabulous. You discribed you two items wonderfully. I can relate to your bookstore disappointment. I also love to read. I was totally entranced by your style. I don't think anything needs to be changed. I can't wait to read the next thing you write!

Anonymous said...

Hello Alex!

I really enjoyed your essay! It is very well thought out and put perfectly. I loved the words you chose to describe your book in the second paragraph. The words you wrote were very describtive and used in the right context.

The only thing I would work on is spelling. Otherwise, your essay was very interesting! I can tell that you really enjoy reading. I can certinaly relate! You write very well. Your essay made me think about the simple things, like reading, is something that is priceless!