Thursday, January 31, 2008

Jim’s Betrayal by Alex H.

It had been twenty years since Doodle had died. Alexandros looked at his grave, and walked away. Ever since his brother died he had made the promise to destroy the Scarlet Ibis species. They had brought misfortune to his brother so they will pay for it, he laughed at the thought. To end the line of a species that would be the greatest scientific achievement.

He went to his basement, made sure that his girlfriend was asleep and typed in his code to enter his clandestine room. Once inside he went to work. He turned on his computer and checked the cameras. He noticed a guy snooping through the window. He smiled then electrified the window. He turned the sound on and heard the guy scream. The guy ran away and Alexandros laughed. He put in the code to his computer and went on his DNA program. He checked his data and noticed that some of the numbers didn’t add up. He ran some more tests on it and found that he needs a sample of DNA. He sat there for a moment, and then he remembered that he had a sample in his safe. He went to go get it and stumbled onto something. He looked down to saw a piece of cloth. He thought someone had been in here. He went to his computer and saw that the door was opened at 2:00 pm two days ago. He knew that he wasn’t here and had locked it up. He went through the list of possible suspects and he saw that either Jim or Della was his best guest.

$$$$$$

Alexandros called Jim and told him to meet him at the local coffee shop. As soon as Jim saw Alexandros he said, “How have you been old friend?”

“I have been well; I am close to my objective of avenging Doodles death,” replied Alexandros.

“You know that wasn’t your fault; there was nothing you could have done.”

“I must do this, it will be the last time I see a Scarlet Ibis,”

They drank their coffee in silence when Alexandros asked, “how is Della Jim, is she recovering from her sickness?”

“She will be fine” said Jim, “in time she will be back to normal.”

$$$$$$

Later that night Alexandros went to go visit Della in the hospital. She looked like a skeleton, but he saw the signs of her body starting to take nutrients from her food. After the visit he we went into his lab. He finished up his calculations and started to work.

$$$$$$

In the morning he had finished the chemical and set out to find A Scarlet Ibis. He found a bird that resemble the bird, but couldn’t find the actual bird. He went home defeated and retired to the couch. As he was watching The Bourne Ultimatum he heard a noise out side he looked out the window to see the ANBU BLACK-OPS coming up his to door. He ran down to his clandestine room. It was too late they were already in his living room. He sealed it off from the rest of the house. He said,” why have you come here?”

We are The ANBU BLACK-OPS, you have been recruited,” they said

“And if I refuse,” said Alexandros.

“We will kill you,” they said.

“Return in three days at 2:00pm, DON’T BE LATE!

$$$$$$

Jim stared at the house; he wondered how close he was at finding the airborne virus. He knew what he had to do. After he took the virus he would sell it to the highest buyer. He hated to do this to his friend, but he had to do it.

$$$$$$

He walked up to the house and rang the door bell. At the second ring Alexandros answered, what is Jim? “I have come to talk about the virus,” replied Jim.

“You finally agree with me?”

“You could say that I’ve come to your way of thinking,” Jim replied.

Alexandros simply said, “Follow me.”

They went into the basement and Alexandros said,” You are the first to see this room, I expect you to keep it secret.”

“I will, don’t you worry about that.”

Alexandros put in the password and walked in the room. As they walked around Jim noticed another room. He asked,”What is in that room,”

“That is my lab” Alexandros replied

Jim saw the case and immediately knew that it was the poison, as he reached out for the case he heard a shot. “I knew if I left it out in the open you would steal it,” Alexandros said calmly,” You knew that my rage blinded my vision, but I now know that It wasn’t my fault. Doodle’s weak heart would have shown up sooner or later. You shouldn’t have tried to steal the virus you would have been alive, your wife needed you. You let her down Jim you let your vision blind you.”

“How did you know I was going to steal the poison?”

“You ripped your shirt when you came in he last time. You ripped it again on the same spot. Good Bye Jim your wife will be taken care of.”

“Don’t kill my wife”

“Oh it’s too late for that; my men are already at the hospital”

$$$$$$

Two people died that night. One of their greed and one of innocence. Alexandros sat in his office laughed at the thought. His two best friend’s were dead he was good. How many more people would he have to take out for his vision, he didn’t know but he would do it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really liked your story! After reading it I felt kind of sad for the people who were killed, expecially the wife because she was innocent. I remember and could picture the whole story. The story made me think about the bio-terrorism movie we watched in science because it had to do with viruses. The main character really deoesn't change over the course of the story except he becomes more evil. The way that this change is important to the story is that if he wasn't so evil, he may not have killed his friends. My favorite part of the story was when Alexandros was confronting Jim about stealing the virus. This was the climax. The line that I liked was “How did you know I was going to steal the poison?” The thing about this line that stood out to me was that is basicallly told what the fight at the end was all about.

The tale's best quality is the desription. I could picture everything in my head. A line that shows this is “You ripped your shirt when you came in he last time. You ripped it again on the same spot. Good Bye Jim your wife will be taken care of.”

What do you think of checking your story more for grammar use next time. Other than that your story was awesome!

Anonymous said...

Hello Alex! I really enjoyed reading your story. It was different, which is good. When reading it, I thought of what would happen if everyone went out after revenge when someone they loved died. There would be a lot of people dead.

My favorite quote was, "How many more people would he have to take out for his vision, he didn’t know but he would do it." It shows that the main character is determined to do what he wants. Also it showcases the character's lack of change, which was a good thing. His evil side made the story good. Maybe next time just do some grammar and spelling checks. But besides that, I think your story was really good! Great job Alex!